Steve Dorst’s Blog
Jane Goodall LIVE
In orbit, the world’s most accomplished astronauts are zipping at more than 17,000 miles per hour, chatting with the only person who’s ever been accepted into chimpanzee society. As I type this, Jeff Orlowski is putting the final touches on Jane Goodall: Live, which is playing one night only, September 27, in 500 cinemas around the country.
Afterwards, Dr. Goodall and I discuss Roots and Shoots, a youth-oriented program of the Jane Goodall Institute that is in 100+ countries and all 50 states. It’s her passion; it’s visceral how intent she is on getting the next generation to care. She leans in: “I bet you need a chimp hug,” she says. I mutter something far less poignant than how David Graybeard might have responded. She utters a chimp call, and tenderly squeezes. I smile.
I'm a documentary director, DP, and
filmmaker based in Washington, D.C.
I like cycling, playing piano, epic powder,
electronica, and CA--while sipping an IPA.
Thx 4 reading! What about u? What are u into?
- Best Smoothie Recipe: “Perfect Life Hack”
- Shooting in Afghanistan
- Kabul: Photography Workshop
- C100 rig: My love-hate affair . . . mostly love
- Beirut Dispatch: 5 Things I Learned in Lebanon
- Mandela, Cameroon, and me
- Is [Angola] a Real Place? Do You Care?
- Solar, Kiva, and How to Change the World
- Cycling: 7 Reasons “OMG WTF” is the Cruelest
- Directing in Kenya, Distributing in Tokyo