Steve Dorst’s Blog
Life is Precious
Today, I interview and shadow Precious Ncube. She’s 23 and carries herself with a quiet confidence, wielding an easy smile. She also is HIV positive, has lost both her mother and sister to AIDS, never knew her father, has no siblings, and bounced around a litany of households as a young girl.
I'm a documentary director, DP, and
filmmaker based in Washington, D.C.
I like cycling, playing piano, epic powder,
electronica, and CA--while sipping an IPA.
Thx 4 reading! What about u? What are u into?
- Mandela, Cameroon, and me
- Is [Angola] a Real Place? Do You Care?
- Solar, Kiva, and How to Change the World
- Cycling: 7 Reasons “OMG WTF” is the Cruelest
- Directing in Kenya, Distributing in Tokyo
- Directing in Brazil: In a Favela, an Oasis
- Directing “Saving Sally”
- Winning the Air Force Challenge Ride
- The Bad, Boring, Blowhard Washington Nationals
- Film @ Egypt: Ahmed, Ambulance-Beater + 5 Videos